Friday, July 19, 2013

Laura, in the living room, with the candlesticks

I once read from another blogger that if you are in the store and you can't stop thinking about an item, just get it (if it's in your budget). That's how it was for me with these country crackle candlesticks.

Country crackle! These would look awesome with our aqua wing back chair, which is hiding under a slipcover


 I saw these at a thrift store for $1 each and I found myself going past them multiple times. In their original 90s state, they weren't my taste, but I loved the shape. So, in my cart they went!

They reminded me of the Harrison Black Pillar Candle Holders from World Market (which would have cost me $52 + shipping).



 Found some $0.89 craft paint in my craft supplies. Three coats later ...


Looks a bit Victorian Gothic right now. We have to cottage it up.

See the midcentury bookcase bar in the reflection?

The gold mirror will need to be replaced with something less ... gold ... and preferably round. I'm still waiting to find the perfect option in our budget.

Candlesticks = $3
Black paint = $0.89
Candles = $1.50
---------------------
Total = $5.39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover